The 2023 Spring Season begins on March 20, 2023 in exactly …
Breaking News for 2023
Practice and game cancellations and other late-breaking news will be posted here. This page was last updated on February 22, 2023. Refresh to make sure you are seeing the latest info!
• The 2023 disc design has been selected. Discs have been ordered and will be available for purchase on March 20.
• Registration is open for the 2023 Spring Ultimate season for players in grades 5 through 8. See below for details.
Ultimate is a spring sport at the Middle School in Amherst. Spring Ultimate at ARMS consists of two concurrent programs:
- An intramural league for all players (no cuts). Practices and games are on Mondays and Thursdays.
- A Travel Team that will play against other schools. Travel Team players must also participate in the Intramural league. Practices and games are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and some weekends.
Click here for frequently asked questions and answers about the ARMS Ultimate 2023 season.
When and where do we play? All tryouts, practices and games are at Fort River Elementary School from 4:00 to 6:00 unless otherwise noted.
7th & 8th Grade: How do I register? Spring Registration is through the ARHS Athletic Department. Click here for 7th and 8th grade registration. All students should register for ‘Boys & Girls – Intramural Ultimate.’ If you try out and are selected for the Travel Team you will need to pay an additional fee.
What Does It Cost (for 7th & 8th graders)? Note: These are 2022 numbers, fees may change in 2023
- There is a fee of $60 to play in the ARMS Intramural League.
- Students who play on the Travel Team will pay an additional fee of $171 (total fee of $231).
- Reduced fees are available for students with a reduced lunch fee or a free lunch fee.
- Checks should be made out to ARHS Athletics.
- The best way to register and pay is online
- You can also register & pay in person at the ARHS Athletic Office.
5th & 6th Grade: How do I register? Fifth and Sixth Graders are elegible to participate in the Intramural program. Registration is through Amherst Recreation (formerly LSSE), not through the school. Click here for 5th and 6th grade registration.
About the Travel Team: Travel Team tryouts are held the first week of the season. Interested players must attend at least 2 tryout sessions and are encouraged to atted all three sessions. Click here for information on the Travel Team selection process.
Sports Physical Info: IMPORTANT! 7th and 8th graders must have a valid Sports Physical to participate in Middle School Ultimate. If you are unsure of your Sports Physical status, please contact the Middle School Nurse (413-362-1975).
Questions? If you are a parent or a player and you have questions about anything, please call Jim Pistrang (the coach) at 413-237-5710 or send him an email.
Here are some important tentative dates in the spring 2023 season. All events are at Fort River Elementary School from 4:00 to 6:00 unless otherwise specified.
|February||Spring Registration for ARMS students opens (online) at ARHS. All students should register for ‘Intramural Ultimate.’ If you try out and are selected for the Travel Team you will need to pay an additional fee.|
|Wednesday March 15||Spring Sports Information Meeting for ARMS parents and students, 6:00 pm at ARHS|
|Monday, March 20||First day of practice (All players)|
|Tuesday, March 21||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Wednesday, March 22||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team) Early Release Day – tryout is from 2:00 to 4:00 at Fort River.|
|Thursday, March 23||Practice for all players|
|Friday, March 24||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Mondays & Thursdays||Intramural Practices and Games (All players)|
|Tuesdays & Wednesdays||Travel Team Practices & Games (Travel Team)|
|Saturday April 22||Hotchkiss Tournament (Travel Team only)|
|Saturday April 29 & Sunday, April 30||Amherst Invite (Travel Team only)|
|Saturday, May 13||ARMS/Four Rivers Middle School Tournament|
|Tuesday May 16||Girls’ Game at Fort River|
|Saturday, May 20||Four Rivers HS Tournament (Travel Team only)|
|Thursday May 25||Final day of Intramural season|
|Saturday, June 3||MS State Tournament (Oxbow) (Travel Team only)|
|Sunday, June 4||BUDA MS Tournament (Devens) (Travel Team only)|
Questions? Call Jim Pistrang (the coach) at 413-237-5710 or send him an email.