Breaking News for 2021
Practice and game cancellations and other late-breaking news will be posted here. This page was last updated on July 12, 2021 – refresh to make sure you are seeing the latest info!
- There will be a 2021 Fall Ultimate program for players in grades 5 through 8. Go to the 2021 Fall Season link (above) for details.
Ultimate is a spring sport at the Middle School in Amherst. Spring Ultimate at ARMS consists of two concurrent programs:
- An intramural league for all players (no cuts). Practices and games are on Mondays and Thursdays.
- A Travel Team that will play against other schools. Travel Team players must also participate in the Intramural league. Practices and games are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and some weekends.
When and where do we play? All tryouts, practices and games are at Fort River Elementary School from 3:30 to 5:30 unless otherwise noted.
7th & 8th Grade: How do I register? Spring Registration is through the ARHS Athletic Department. When registration opens an online link will be here. Click on the ‘Register Now’ link to register. All students should register for ‘Boys & Girls – Intramural Ultimate.’ If you try out and are selected for the Travel Team you will need to pay an additional fee.
What Does It Cost? (2021 fees are listed below, fees may change in 2022)
- There is a fee of $60 to play in the ARMS Intramural League.
- Students who play on the Travel Team will pay an additional fee of $171 (total fee of $231).
- Reduced fees are available for students with a reduced lunch fee or a free lunch fee.
- Payments will be made directly to the ARHS Athletic Department.
- Checks should be made out to ARHS Athletics.
- The best way to register and pay is online (link will be here when available)
- You can also register & pay in person at the ARHS Athletic Office.
- Fifth and Sixth Graders must register and pay through Amherst Recreation (formerly LSSE).
Fifth and Sixth Graders are elegible to participate in the Intramural program. Registration is through Amherst Recreation, not through the school. Please see the FAQ for details.
About the Travel Team: Travel Team tryouts are held the first week of the season. Interested players must attend at least 2 tryout sessions and are encouraged to atted all three sessions. Click here for information on the Travel Team selection process.
Sports Physical Info: IMPORTANT! 7th and 8th graders must have a valid Sports Physical to participate in Middle School Ultimate. If you are unsure of your Sports Physical status, please contact the Middle School Nurse (413-362-1974).
Questions? If you are a parent or a player and you have questions about anything, please call Jim Pistrang (the coach) at 256-1737 or send him an email.
Here are some important tentative dates in the spring 2022 season:
|TBD||Spring Registration for ARMS students opens (online) at ARHS, this is the link. Click on the ‘Register Now’ link to register. All students should register for ‘Intramural Ultimate.’ If you try out and are selected for the Travel Team you will need to pay an additional fee.|
|TBD||Spring Sports Information Meeting for ARMS parents and students at ARHS|
|Monday, March 28||First day of practice (All players)|
|Tuesday, March 29||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Wednesday, March 30||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Thursday, March 31||Practice for all players|
|Friday, April 1||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Mondays & Thursdays||Intramural Practices and Games (All players)|
|Tuesdays & Wednesdays||Travel Team Practices & Games (Travel Team)|
Questions? Call Jim Pistrang (the coach) at 256-1737 or 413-237-5710 or send him an email.