Breaking News for 2021
Practice and game cancellations and other late-breaking news will be posted here. This page was last updated on March 24, 2021 – refresh to make sure you are seeing the latest info!
- Meet the Coach! There will be a Zoom session on Thursday April 15 to talk about the ARMS Ultimate program and to answer questions that any of you might have. All parents/guardians and players are welcome whether or not you are registered. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get a zoom link to the session.
- Registration for 5th and 6th graders through LSSE is open.
- March 25, 2021: Registration for ARMS players is open! All players should sign up for Intramurals. Here is the link for 7th & 8th graders:
- March 23, 2021: Spring Sports, including Ultimate, have been approved by the School Committee. The season will begin the last week in April and extend through to the end of June.
Ultimate is a spring sport at the Middle School in Amherst. Spring Ultimate at ARMS consists of two concurrent programs:
- An intramural league for all players (no cuts). Practices and games are on Mondays and Thursdays.
- A Travel Team that will play against other schools. Travel Team players must also participate in the Intramural league. Practices and games are on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and some weekends.
When and where do we play? All tryouts, practices and games are at Fort River Elementary School from 3:00 to 5:00 unless otherwise noted.
7th & 8th Grade: How do I register? Spring Registration is through the ARHS Athletic Department. When registration opens an online link will be here. Click on the ‘Register Now’ link to register. All students should register for ‘Boys & Girls – Intramural Ultimate.’ If you try out and are selected for the Travel Team you will need to pay an additional fee.
What Does It Cost?
- There is a fee of $60 to play in the ARMS Intramural League.
- Students who play on the Travel Team will pay an additional fee of $171 (total fee of $231).
- Reduced fees are available for students with a reduced lunch fee or a free lunch fee.
- Payments will be made directly to the ARHS Athletic Department.
- Checks should be made out to ARHS Athletics.
- The best way to register and pay is online (link will be here when available)
- You can also register & pay in person at the ARHS Athletic Office.
- Fifth and Sixth Graders must register and pay through LSSE.
About the Travel Team: Travel Team tryouts are held the first week of the season. Interested players must attend at least 2 tryout sessions and are encouraged to atted all three sessions. Click here for information on the Travel Team selection process.
Sports Physical Info: IMPORTANT! 7th and 8th graders must have a valid Sports Physical to participate in Middle School Ultimate. If you are unsure of your Sports Physical status, please contact the Middle School Nurse (413-362-1974).
Questions? If you are a parent or a player and you have questions about anything, please call Jim Pistrang (the coach) at 256-1737 or send him an email.
Here are some important tentative dates in the 2021 season:
|TBD||Spring Registration for ARMS students opens (online) at ARHS, this is the link. Click on the ‘Register Now’ link to register. All students should register for ‘Intramural Ultimate.’ If you try out and are selected for the Travel Team you will need to pay an additional fee.|
|TBD||Spring Sports Information Meeting for ARMS parents and students at ARHS|
|Monday, April 26||First day of practice (All players)|
|Tuesday, April 27||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Wednesday, April 28||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Thursday, April 29||Practice for all players|
|Friday, April 30||Travel Team tryout (must attend at least 2 and preferably 3 if you are trying out for the Travel Team)|
|Mondays & Thursdays||Intramural Practices and Games (All players)|
|Tuesdays & Wednesdays||Travel Team Practices & Games (Travel Team)|
|Wednesday, June 23||Final day of the season|
Questions? Call Jim Pistrang (the coach) at 256-1737 or 413-237-5710 or send him an email.